Sunday, November 9, 2008

Show me the green....

I still remember my first pay cheque
The money the happines for my life that was wrecked.
I bought my fav mobile and gave the rest
To mom and the poor because i was blessed.

As months went on and so did life
I bought a car, an aparment a whole new life,
Pubbing and partying was very important
Something mom and dad never understood

I had no tension, because i had everything
All my time i did whatever I willed.
Till i realized that my mom was ill,
Not because of any disease but of my getting rich.

She was sick of my late hours and my gifts
She wanted peace and NOT my gifts
She said she searched everywhere to find me
When i was with her, as I thought I did.

My money could not save her from her illness,
And i could'nt leave the life i was living,
How could i give up my car, My pride?
How could i give up my apartment, my life?

Mom wanted a peice of my time,
Something sadly my money couldn't buy
My green made her green,
which made me blue
I could'nt understand something so true!

I wanted to spend time, but then i'd have to give up
On all i worked hard for and to live lower.
I had become someonle else,
My choices changed, my priorities changed
My aim changed, My life changed.
Mom sadly died, and the funeral was lavish
And now I undersatnd why
My green made her green
Though it still makes me blue!

And some still can't understand something so true!

Syeda Hyder, 19

No comments: