Sunday, November 9, 2008

How come...

How come there is the loss of innocence when out of school
Things seem so wrong, and I do have a clue!
What was fun then is not fun now.

Have we really grown up or we pretend to be
Fun was a whole different book with a whole different story

The time when a free class was a blessing
Now seems to be of relief of no reason.
Clubbing and pubbing is the new trend
When once it was just the ankle socks and a tiny rule bend.

The laugh that was innocent is now more flirtatious
The aim of life has somehow changed
Have we really grown that older or just being someone else?
How come the pretty dress is now aimed for seducing?
Are we who we are now or who we were then?
One of them is not the true self I comprehend
Is the freedom getting to us at some point?
Have we lost our way from what’s right?

I fail to understand this change
Maybe I’m not so flexible in that sense
But what I see and what I feel are true feelings
What I know of then and what I know of now is what I’m writing.

The difference I see is not negligible
The feeling I feel is not absorbable
The freedom in life is now amazing
The will to achieve goals is not sleeping
“Positively“ things are moving faster than they should
Yet somehow we’d all go back to school if we could!

Syeda Hyder, 19

No comments: